What Are The Options I Can Choose When Publishing or Exporting a Course?
(This is the 15th article of the series of learning design tips from dominKnow KnowledgeBase; this post is to demonstrate what details you can program when exporting your course in Claro authoring environment)
When publishing you can select a Publishing Profile or click the “…” button next to the publishing profiles select box to manage your profiles.
Once you associate a Publishing Profile with a course, Claro remembers it the next time you publish the course. The Publishing Profile lets you set the Test, Navigation, and Behavior Options for the course package.
The following are the details and options you can set in the Publishing Profiles manager:
Options: Test Options
- Require Pass Mark for Modules: Check to require the minimum mark needed for the student to pass each module. If you set a module score (from module properties) and this box is checked, learners will not achieve a completion status for the course until they achieve the module’s specific score.
- Display Passing Score/Status on Endscreens: Check to display the passing score and completion status on the module and course endscreens.
- Immediately Display Question Feedback: Check to allow the student to see question feedback immediately after the test question is submitted.
Pre Test and Post Test Options
- Allow Pre or Post Test: Check to allow the student to take the test questions at the start of each module (to turn the pre-test on) and/or at the end of each module (to turn the post-test on).
- Force Pre Test: Check to make the pre-test questions at the beginning of the module mandatory.
- Allow Retesting: Check to allow the student to take the test more than once.
- Additional Attempts: Type a number between 0 and 99 to indicate how many times the student can re-take the test. The student’s mark will be the score of the most recent attempt. (NOTE: If Allow Retesting is checked and 0 is entered here, the number of attempts is unlimited. The number of test attempts left is not displayed in the course.)
- Pre or Post Test Review: Check to allow the student to review their test results after submission.
- Display Question Feedback: Check to display the question feedback during the review.
- Display Correct Answers: Check to display the correct and incorrect answers during the test review.
Options: Content Options
- Include Page Transcripts: Select to include page transcripts. The option is disabled if the course has none. The learner can view the Transcripts in the Menu. A Transcript button displays in the navigation bar as well.
- Include Page Notes: Select to include page notes. The option is disabled if the course has none. The learner can view the Notes in the Menu.
- Display Completion Certificate: Select to display a completion certificate when the learner successfully finishes the learning content and, if applicable, passes the assessment test(s).
- Include Global Glossaries: Check to include the global (account) glossary terms and definitions with the published course.
- Include Project Glossaries: Check to include the project glossary terms and definitions with the published course. Note: This option is only applicable if the course is assigned to a Project.
- Display Bibliography Link: Check to include a link to the course reference list.
- Force Sequential: Check to prevent the student from freely navigating. The student can only move back to visited screens. If unchecked, the student can use the Course Menu to jump to any Learning Object in the course.
- Skip Module Endscreens: Check to hide module endscreens. The module endscreen contains a link to take the test for that module as well as a link to move on to the next module. If module endscreens are skipped, the learner only has the option to take the test from the course endscreen.
- Auto Resume (Bookmark): The default is set to On, which means that students resume where they left off (after the last completed Learning Object. If an LO has a number of pages and the student completed only some of them, they resume at the beginning of that LO). If Prompt is checked, students can choose to resume where they left off or start back at the beginning of the course. If Off is checked, students will have to start at the beginning each time they enter the course.
- Resize Window on Load: Check to allow the player window to resize automatically as the course loads. Uncheck this if a course is loaded inside a frame on a website, for example, or the entire website window will re-size to the course dimensions.
- Warn if Browser is Out of Date: Check to prompt the course player to detect out-of-date browsers and provides a warning message.
- Prevent Right-Click: Check to prevent right-clicks so that learners cannot print screens from the course.
- Suppress Alt Tags: Check to suppress the alt tags given to media so they do not appear when the learner rolls the mouse over the media.
- Hide Pages From Menu: Check to hide the page names from the Menu. Only the Learning Object names appear in the Menu.