Online Session + Twitter Meet-up : #OER and Mobile Learning (#mlearning)
This is the last session of the OER MOOC, we hope you will join us and participate in the discussion. The course module is a web package, participants don’t need to sign up or login to any system. Just visit the permanent URL as below and you are good to go.
You only need a Twitter account to participate in this online session, please tweet your comments or questions with hashtag #oermooc. Dr. Sharma and I (Jessie) will moderate the tweets. After the session finishes, the tweet thread will be summarized using Storify. All the course materials : the interactive course module, the Google Doc. with extended reading, and storified discussion will be kept freely accessible here.
OER and Mobile Learning
Online interactive course module permanent URL : http://oermlearning.classroom-aid.com/
Twitter meet-up hashtag #oermooc, from 10:30~11:30 CST, Sep.20, 2013
Tips in using the interactive course module :
- Please remember to “interact” with each page, click/tap on tabs/people/character’s names to reveal content, type in your short answer, respond to multiple choice or true-and-false questions.
- All vocabularies with underlines are glossaries. When you mouse over one or tap on one, its explanation will show up.
- This course is designed for PC or tablets.
- There are many links to outside resources and attached documents, you don’t need to go into them at the first time you go through the course.
Extended reading for OER and Mobile Learning is a public Google Document that everyone can edit, you can edit it or add your recommendations in Twitter meet-up time or after that. Please contribute!
Join The Twitter Meet-up
Sign up and login to your Twitter account, search hashtag #oermooc at the top to follow and join the discussion thread. Please compose new tweets by clicking on the blue button at top-right corner, remember to add #oermooc to your tweets.
- Please create a lesson plan for your students utilizing their mobile devices or tablets. If your school doesn’t allow using mobile devices, then assume it will be changed soon so you can imagine how you can leverage the technology in near future. You might find some useful ideas from the links provided in this lesson and the extended reading in the Google Doc.. Publish it on your blog, tweet it out with #oermooc.
- Please design a interactive mobile course (app) for the subject you specialize in. At least one learning object is covered. An example is like the interactive module provided by this session “OER and Mobile Learning”. Because the authoring tool (Claro) isn’t free, you could describe the prototype of your design idea along with raw learning content attached. Using a storyboarding tool will be a plus. Publish it on your blog, tweet it out with #oermooc. If the idea is feasible as reviewed by peers and us, and you are willing to author it into a “mobile OER“(openly-licensed mobile learning content), we can create a free Claro account for you for a period. Don’t worry, we will help you as you are using it to create the course.
We will facilitate peer review after you finish your assignments.
An initiative from us :
We’d like to ask English language teachers to work with us to create “mobile OERs for learning English” for children and everyone so that the mobile-friendly content can reach every learner with a mobile phone.
This kind of materials can facilitate independent learning, or combine with online volunteering tutors — we have high schoolers in America are volunteering now — to create more personalized learning experience.
Please contact us if you like to join this initiative or learn more.
This course can be published into web App, iOS App, Android App, LMS, or downloaded to desktop…,
- if you need a copy to run on your desktop(offline mode), on mobile devices(offline mode), in your LMS, on your website for non-commercial purpose;
- if you have any suggestion about the content of this mobile course, or like to contribute to it;
- if you like to learn more about OER through online PD course and earn graduate level credits; (every learner who finishes the assignment of this session will get an invitation to this course for free)
- if you like to learn more about the authoring tool “Claro” of this course;
please contact us : firstname.lastname@example.org