(Infographic) Instructional Strategies and Activity Design Ideas
“For The Teachers” (www.fortheteachers.org) has built an organized resource for different instructional strategies. They are categorized into several moments of needs when teachers want to:
- Determine if students are ready to move on
- Discuss & examine events, people, concepts and ideas
- Put students in groups
- Use physical activity to increase engagement and memory retention
- Create opportunities for students to learn from each other
- Make activities and materials more simple or more challenging
- Let students discuss what they think based on what they’ve learned
- Record info to increase understanding and for later reference
These instructional strategies aren’t necessarily technology oriented, the digital form is only an alternative. But leveraging modern technology in the right way definitely can empower good instructional strategies.
About “For The Teachers“:
This website was started in 2012 as an extension of a site we started in 2004, Resources for Idaho Teachers (www.foridahoteachers.org). We wanted a way to share some great ideas and resources from teachers we knew, particularly related to the state assessment and standards.
Now that we have the Common Core State Standards, it will be even easier to share resources with teachers all over the country. We want to highlight best practices and lesson ideas that we hope spark new and even more effective ideas.